Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reciprocal appreciation embodied in our annual trip

Reciprocal Appreciation

That's how I'd describe the wonderful event that Centric provides, as an employee benefit, each and every year. As a firm, our leadership is appreciative of all of the efforts that occur over the course of the year and shows this appreciation with a significant investment in an annual trip - for all employees! This year's trip was to the Atlantis on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. Sometimes there is an opportunity to serve the community, with a volunteer day, as occurred last year when we traveled to New Orleans, but the trip is always a celebration for our employees and a guest. No work is on the agenda, it's just a couple days to relax and recharge.

The reciprocal part comes from our employees. I won't speak for everyone, but by simple observation, it's safe to say this event makes and even bigger impact on us, as consulting employees, than just the financial investment. There's the very comfortable opportunity to meet or catch up with employees from other offices and it helps keep everyone engaged, reminding us that while we're working on projects and for clients, we're part of something bigger.  I think we are all grateful to our leadership for this truly rare practice.

The trip embodies several core values of Centric, but one specifically strikes me which is "live a balanced life". I'm proud that I work for a company, in Centric, that gets it and delivers more than words in the way we operate. Having just come home from this long weekend trip, I couldn't help myself, I just had to brag a little.






1 comment: